CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Recipe$ u$ing ingredient$ you have on hand


We live 7 miles from the nearest fast food and as a cheapskate, I cook most of the family meals during the week and am always looking for quick, nutritious recipes that I can get on the table in a hurry after cross country practice. Tonight I was planning on using some Market Day http://www.marketday.com/cheese ravioli I had on hand but my palate was not too thrilled by the idea of that topped only with some canned spaghetti sauce.

Lucky for me I stumbled on http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx. This site allows you to input the ingredients you have on hand (and also allows you to EXCLUDE items from a recipe search in the event you have, say, an aversion to broccoli or an allergy to shellfish) and provides a large list of recipes from which to select. It was a fast, easy process. I printed a few of the recipes and have yet to decide (Ravioli Alfredo with Mushrooms or Ravioli Lasagna are currently front runners) what I'll prepare tonight--but I am looking forward to dinner this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment