CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Cheap ba$ket filler

This really is a pretty lame post as they go but thought I'd mention this to you anyway.
I recently had to prepare a very small gift using a mug, gift card and a small package of coffee and hot cocoa as a prize for a work celebration we are having.  The mug was quite tall and the 3 items sank too deeply into it to make a cute presentation.  I was at work, had to think quick and didn't have the time or inclination to run out and purchase some shredded paper to fill the mug.
I took some waste paper, (3 sheets) and using my office scissors, trimmed it into long strips about 1/4 inch wide.  I crumpled them up and VIOLA!  Shredded paper for my gift box. 
I use plain old white copy paper but it would have been real cute with the brown paper wrapping that comes in my office supplies or with colored paper!  Imagine the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment