CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2015

Get out Your Pencil 2-THe BIG KAHUNA and Monthly, Weekly and Daily to do lists

This is where the rubber meets the road-
I ALWAYS have MORE items on my lists than I can humanly accomplish in the time frame allotted and that doesn't bother me.  If it bothers you then use 2 pages-one for the absolutes MUST do and the other page for IF TIME PERMITS

We are what we repeatedly do. 
Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.


The BIG Kahuna LIST
This is my list of ALL drawers, cabinets, and closets that I hope to tackle during the year
It is written by rooms
For example
Kitchen-

  • Refrigerator
  • Silverware drawer
  • Under microwave drawers 1, 2 (because I have 2 drawers that each need attention)
  • and so on
I do this for each room in my house and include the basement, attic and garage, storage shed IF you have them and want to tackle them. 


Monthly Goals-
These are things that need to be accomplished during the specific month

  • Yard Work
  • Big cleaning or decluttering jobs from the BIG KAHUNA list--I usually work by room
  • Filing taxes, getting the kids passports, etc.
  • Making or Buying gifts needed by a specific date
For example- I had clean out pine cones and stick from under pine-trees on my February list but 8 inches of snow derailed my plan! so I picked something else from the BIG KAHUNA

Weekly Goals-
These are specific to what needs to be done that week.  
  • Pickup dry cleaning
  • Order birthday cake
  • Clean out 1 desk drawer
  • Make pillowcases using fabric stash 1 2 3 4 5
  • etc.
Daily Goals-
These are the things that MUST be done or I HOPE to get done if I am not to tired or KARMA doesn't get in the way.  I also include my meal plan for the day.
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Write blog post
  • Take picture for Buy, Sell Trade posts 1 2 3 4 5
  • Shovel show off driveway
I don't include things that are done every day such as Make bed, go to work, personal grooming habits but IF you struggle with getting those done then ADD them to your daily list because you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you complete the task.

Cresting HABITS-

It takes about 30 days to create a new habit so if you want to become more organized commit to creating a system that works for you for 30 days.  

Here's some additional reading to help you









No comments:

Post a Comment